Make an impact and build your career at Prosper Strategies as an Associate.
Are you a communications professional who is passionate about using your skills to move good causes forward? Do you want to continue growing in your career while also making the world a better place? If so, then Prosper Strategies might be just the place for you.
Prosper Strategies is Chicago’s leading marketing agency for the nonprofit sector. We’ve helped organizations ranging from Boys & Girls Clubs of America to the Robert R. McCormick Foundation build their brands, develop their marketing plans and drive their missions forward.
Our Associates work across our firm’s functional areas: brand and marketing strategy, marketing implementation (including tactics like PR, social media, media relations, email marketing and more), and marketing enablement. Associates have the opportunity to play an integral role on client accounts and make a far deeper impact than would be possible at a mid-sized to large agency.
Writing skills and extreme attention to detail are the two key skills we look for in this role. You should be interested in learning about brand strategy, marketing planning, client services and project management and ready to put your skills to work quickly.
- Under the guidance of senior managers, general responsibilities of this role include:
- Executing digital campaigns using inbound marketing (HubSpot, Pardot), email marketing, social media (organic and paid), PPC, SEO and other digital strategies
- Executing media relations campaigns
- Executing content marketing campaigns by contributing to the development of various types of marketing content
- Ensuring content developed is effectively deployed to target audiences via digital and media channels
- Monitoring the impact of the content you produce
- Reviewing and editing the work of other writers on the team
- Talking to clients regularly about your particular areas of expertise or focus
- Managing some client relationships, as needed, with support from senior members of your team
- Tracking campaign metrics on an ongoing basis
- Contributing to client metrics reports
- Contributing ideas and content to the creation of client strategies, overseeing some strategic planning work with moderate support from senior members of your team
- Continually seek training and education in new skills and tools related to your work
- 1-2 years of relevant full-time professional experience
- Ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position listed above at an exceptional level with moderate support of more senior staff
- High attention to detail
- Writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, working with interesting, impactful nonprofit clients
- Interest in digital marketing (experience with email marketing tools like Mailchimp, email marketing automation tools like HubSpot, social media tools like Sprout Social, website tools like WordPress, and/or nonprofit databases like Raiser’s Edge and NeonCRM is a plus)
- Interest in digital advertising (experience with Google Ads, social media ad platforms is a plus)
- Tech savviness and desire to keep up with the latest tools and sector developments
- A high degree of passion, dependability and diligence
- Desire to work hard, have fun and make a difference
- Desire to work with impactful nonprofits
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, nonprofit management or related field
We aim to build a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Prosper Strategies offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as full health, vision, dental and retirement benefits, extra paid time off, core hours, time off to volunteer and summer Fridays.