Wednesday, September 18th
2:00 - 3:15 pm ET
1:00 - 2:15 pm CT
11:00 am - 12:15 pm PT
Poverty porn, stereotype porn and stakeholder exploitation have long been hallmarks of nonprofit marketing and communications.
Creative concepts that highlight starving children, downtrodden veterans and hopeless people experiencing homelessness in an effort to “pull on the heartstrings of donors” have been utilized by nonprofits large and small for decades.
But in the last few years, more and more nonprofit leaders have begun to recognize that marketing efforts are not a success if they marginalized, stereotype or otherwise disempower the people their organizations aim to serve. Some, like YWCA Chicago’s CEO Dorri McWhorter, have even gone a step further. They’ve begun to realize that marketing and communications can be leveraged to advance their organizations’ goals around equity and inclusion. If you’d like to learn from their example and evolve your organization’s approach accordingly, this is the webinar for you.
In this eye-opening conversation, we’ll discuss:
This webinar focuses on Commitment #9 in the Nonprofit Marketing Manifesto. It is one of a series of 13 hosted by Prosper Strategies and Independent Sector over the course of 2019. See the full schedule here and check “sign up for all webinars” if you want to automatically be registered for all sessions. You can also view past webinars on earlier commitments here.
Complete the form below to register for the webinar.
This Webinar Features:
Dorri McWhorter, CEO, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
Dorri became the CEO of the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago in March 2013. Since then, she has embarked upon a journey to transform the 140-year-old social service agency to a 21st-century social enterprise. A proven leader in the corporate and social change sectors, Dorri prides herself on being a socially-conscious business leader throughout her career.
Alyssa Conrardy, President, Prosper Strategies
Alyssa Conrardy is the president and co-founder of Prosper Strategies, the country’s leading nonprofit marketing agency. She’s on a mission to help nonprofits realize the full potential of marketing so that the nonprofit sector can realize its full potential to change the world.
Kristina Gawrgy Campbell, Director, Strategic Communications & Public Relations, Independent Sector
Kristina leads strategic communications planning for the organization and manages relationships with media and other partners. In addition to her communications role, Kristina also manages the organization’s diversity, racial equity, and inclusion portfolio.
2019 Webinar Schedule
Webinar dates for 2019 are below. Simply check the box on the form above and we’ll add you to our system for all future webinars. You’ll receive notifications as each webinar draws closer, but you may also want to manually add these dates to your calendar.
- December – The Nonprofit Marketing Revolution – View Recording Here
- January – Leverage Marketing to Drive Social Change at Your Nonprofit – View Recording Here
- February – Build a Better Nonprofit Brand By Aligning With Your Mission and Values – View Recording Here
- March – Create Communication Cohesion at Your Nonprofit By Getting Your Team on the Same Page About Your Brand – View Recording Here
- April – 4/15/2019: Everyone a Spokesperson: Turn Your Stakeholders into Powerful Promoters for Your Nonprofit – View Recording Here
- May – 5/8/2019: Marketing Planning and Strategic Planning: Make them Work Together and Make a Bigger Impact – View Recording Here
- June – 6/5/2019: Making the Case for Marketing Investment – View Recording Here
- July – 7/10/2019: Take Your Nonprofit Marketing Leadership to the Next Level – View Recording Here
- August – 8/8/2019: Build Better Partnerships Inside and Outside the Nonprofit Sector With Marketing – View Recording Here
- September – 9/4/2019: What Your Nonprofit Needs to Do Now to Set Itself Up for End of Year Fundraising Success
- September – 9/18/2019: Can Nonprofit Marketing and Communications Advance Equity?
- October – 10/9/2019: Measure the Impact of Marketing on Your Nonprofit’s Mission
- November – 11/6/2019: Build a Marketing Culture at Your Nonprofit (bringing the 10 commitments together)
- December – 12/11/2019: Make 2020 the Year of Your Nonprofit’s Marketing Revolution (using the 10 commitments in planning for next year)