Make an impact and build your career at Prosper Strategies as a Junior Associate.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Are you a budding marketing and communications professional who is passionate about working for good causes and making the world a better place? Do you want to build your skills at an innovative agency while partnering with our nonprofit clients? Then Prosper Strategies might be a great fit for you.
Prosper Strategies is Chicago’s leading marketing agency for the nonprofit sector. We’ve helped organizations ranging from Boys & Girls Clubs of America to the Robert R. McCormick Foundation build their brands, develop their marketing plans and drive their missions forward.
Our Junior Associates work across our firm’s functional areas: brand and marketing strategy, marketing implementation (including tactics like PR, social media, media relations, email marketing and more), and marketing enablement.
This is an entry-level position, but Junior Associates have the opportunity to play an integral role on client accounts and make a far deeper impact than would be possible at a mid-sized or large agency.
Writing skills and extreme attention to detail are the two key skills we look for in this role. You should be interested in learning about brand strategy and marketing planning and ready to build new skills quickly. A passion for making an impact and working with nonprofits is essential as well. Successful candidates are eager to learn from our experienced team, but also intrinsically motivated and self-directed.
- Provide research, writing, strategy, and marketing implementation support across Prosper Strategies’ range of nonprofit clients
- Understand strategic imperatives as directed by senior managers and carry them through to execution of client work
- Implement digital and integrated marketing campaigns by managing tactics such as email marketing (HubSpot and other software), social media (Sprout Social and other software), digital advertising (Google Ads and social media ads), and more
- Pitch reporters and media outlets to secure media coverage for Prosper clients
- Write client content such as blog posts, whitepapers, annual reports, media releases, brochures and more
- Support client services with possibility for some direct client contact
- Track client metrics
- Provide input and ideas for client strategies
- Consistently deliver a high quality work product with a high level of attention to detail
- High attention to detail
- Writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, working with interesting, impactful clients
- Interest in digital marketing (some experience with email marketing tools like Mailchimp, email marketing automation tools like HubSpot, social media tools like Sprout, website tools like WordPress, and/or nonprofit databases like Raiser’s Edge and NeonCRM is a plus)
- Interest in digital advertising (some experience with Google Ads, social media ad platforms is a plus)
- Tech savviness and desire to keep up with the latest tools and sector developments
- A high degree of passion, dependability and diligence
- Desire to work hard, have fun and make a difference
- Desire to work with impactful nonprofits
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, nonprofit management or related field
Ideal Junior Associate candidate’s have at least one year of experience in an agency or nonprofit setting, either as an intern or (ideally) as a full-time employee.
We aim to build a team with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Prosper Strategies offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience, as well as full health, vision, dental and retirement benefits, extra paid time off, core hours, time off to volunteer and summer Fridays.