What We Do:
People > Board Optimization
Make your nonprofit's board more effective.
Nonprofit boards can bring a great deal of expertise to an organization, and board members are influential supporters, stewards, and ambassadors for your nonprofit’s work. However, most nonprofit boards are not as functional as they could be. Board members often struggle to understand their roles, build mutually beneficial relationships with an organization’s staff, and serve the organization in the strategic oversight role for which boards were created in the first place. At Prosper Strategies, we are passionate about eliminating the dysfunction that finds its way into many nonprofit boards.
Our board optimization work focuses on:
- Determining an ideal board structure, roles and composition based on your mission
- Setting diversity, equity and inclusion standards for the board and assessing the current board makeup against those standards
- Conducting assessments to determine whether the right board members are in the right roles and identifying gaps that need to be filled
- Developing effective new member onboarding materials and board member handbooks
- Establishing a structure and standing agenda for board and committee meetings
- Ensuring board members have the tools and opportunities to meaningfully engage with the people and communities the organization serves
Board Development Success Story
Having just completed an extensive 18 month rebranding initiative, I couldn’t be more thrilled to recommend Prosper to agencies looking for quality, forward-thinking results. We found the entire team to be intuitive and extremely thorough in their efforts to understand our work and vision. Throughout the entire process they gained our trust and presented insightful copy, artwork and comprehensive roll out plans that impressed not only our staff, but our board of directors. We went into our new brand launch 100% confident with the results of their collective hard work and have received glowing reviews from our stakeholders. Prosper was the exact match we needed to confidently rebrand after 43 years.